01-01-2010 08:27 PM
A help page says to try printing a self-test page to see if the printer is working correctly. But it doesn't say HOW to print this stupid page. It says to refer to documentation that came with the printer. Well, the documentation doesn't have that info, unless I missed it. That's possible, since I am very stressed and frustrated from fighting this stinking printer all day just to get it to print two stinking pages.
Why is it this difficult? How the heck do I print a stupid self-test page? I'm seriously thisclose to throwing the printer in the garbage.
01-18-2010 08:32 AM - last edited on 01-18-2010 11:49 AM by WendyM
HOW TO RUN A TEST PAGE FOR HP PRINTER MODEL C4280 ALL IN ONE??????????
PLEASE EMAIL TO <text removed for privacy> asap.
01-18-2010 09:30 AM
To print a self test on teh C4280, press the Cancel and the Start Copy Color button(green button) at the same time and release them.
08-27-2010 03:54 PM
But the C4680, does give you this combination. It's a touch screen and you can either start copying or when it starts you can cancel it, but both buttons are not illuminated (and operative) at the same time, I'm trying to do a test page for over an hour today so I know this. I can't even get a copy out of it cos it thinks it doesn't have paper.
01-30-2011 07:39 PM
On a mac:
1. Open up HP Utility (it should have been installed with the software or if you got the driver from hp's website). If you can't find it, search for it in the finder and it will pop up.
2. click the icon that says "test" (it looks like a little piece of paper)
01-30-2011 08:43 PM
1 - Lower-left corner of the control panel
Touch the Menu button ( ) next to Support in the upper-right corner of the control panel until Reports Menu displays, and then touch OK .
Touch the Menu button ( ) in the upper-right corner of the control panel until Printer Status Report displays, and then touch OK .
The product prints the self-test report.
02-04-2011 03:56 PM
I tried the same thing last night and the directions given on screen will not work just as experienced by others here. My quesiton is why is there no instruction in the user manual for this and why does the sofware direct user to accomplish something that can not be accomplihsed? In my opinion HP documentation prepration is crap and the user manual is useless!!!!! Also does anyone know what the lever on the bottom of the 4680 is for cause that is not in the maual either.???
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation