Message 1 of 3 (753 Views)

How to stop "Print Alignment Page" HP 2050

How do I stop  "Print Alignment Page"  HP 2050   Easily !!!!

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (736 Views)

How to stop "Print Alignment Page" HP 2050

If you have an alignment page consistently printing out, something is wrong with the ink system. Try to clean the print head or change cartridges.

If you are having issues when you printing from the PC and it's always printing alignment page, try to uninstall the software and drivers on the computer. If you are connected USB, try another cable.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: How to stop "Print Alignment Page" HP 2050

I am a PC technician.

After I saw 5 canon printers of the same type (Pixma MP520 and two MP540) dying unexpectedly with the same root cause - motherboard error, I returned back to HP's. There is probably something in Canon printers causing their "death" after some time of using to buy another one.

I haven't seen this on HP. There are other problems, also with the motherboards, but they don't seem to me as "programmed death", as at Canons. Thank you HP guys for a quality product!

I have also met problem with the annoying semiautomatic aligning page mentioned here. This was caused by

1) Bad scanner (it is enough to have something in it way causing not exactly linear movement), on normal page must not been apparent,

2) Dried color cartridge user does not need and buy

3) After refilling the old cartridge with not enough transparent color or with some nozzles clogged (HP guys probably does not like to hear it)

There are two my solutions (tested on PSC1510):

1) Press Cancel button at start of printing the align page - until next turn off of the printer will not bother you

2) get somewhere test align page, it is not necessary to be from the same printer, but from the same or similar type, and finish alignment with this "fake" test page; after this keep it for the next cartridge changing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation