Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi,
I purposely turned off wireless direct print off on the printer by turning off the printer and then hold X and wireless button simultaneously, switch on the printer and keep holding the button until wireless light and X light blink in unison.

Now how do I turn on the wireless direct print. I do no have a wireless router to connect printer to.
I have a laptop with wi-fi adaptor running Win 7 64-bit and the printer. I do have printer USB cable.
Please help as I need to resolve this issue ASAP

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Page 51 of the User manual explains how to connect using Direct Print.

However, I find this on page 52...

The HP LaserJet Professional P1102w model does not support HP Direct Print.

HP Recommended
Well, there are two p1102w in market, one without wireless direct print and one with it. Also, page 51 talks about connecting to wireless direct.
I am referring to how to switch on wireless direct broadcast if I manually turn it off.
The only solution I could find is using a wifi router and then access web interface by using assigned IP address to printer.

I need a way to turn the wireless direct on without using a wi-fi router.
HP Recommended

Since it has no front panel you must use your computer.

HP Recommended

Even if there is no menu panel, I used key combo on printer to switch off Direct printing WNIC card manually. All I want to know if there is a way to switch on Direct printing WNIC card manully.

Also, HP print app doesn't have a feature to control printer when connected via USB cable.

I again reiterate that the only way I could find was to get into printer's web interface and for this I need a wireless router.

I want to know a way to switch on Direct Printing WNIC without relying on wireless router.

Or is it a limitation of P1102W LJ pro printer that one needs wireless router to turn on WNIC of direct printing.

HP Recommended

Have you downloaded the manual?  Is the info in there?

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the manual but there is only one page on wireless direct printing and how to turn it off. It does not talk about how to enable it if the consumer is not equipped with wireless router.

HP Recommended

I find no information either. 

HP Recommended

I tried extensive search on internet and couldn't find relevant docos on it.

I assume that the printer needs to be connected to wireless router to be able to switch on wireless direct printing and this is the limitation of the product.

Could you please verify this

HP Recommended

I don't have this printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.