09-04-2011 07:00 AM
I have purchased a hp 4500 wireless printer and need to connect it to a desktop and laptop computer in my dorm room. I don't want to make it wireless because anyone could print to it. What is needed?
09-21-2011 11:35 PM
You can do the simplest way by installing and connecting the printer perhaps in your desktop, have the printer shared. In the printer properties, go to security and put you laptop as the sole network user with access to the printer. You do have to install the software and driver both on the laptop and your desktop.
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation