Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Color Laser Jet MFP M477fdw

My Printer HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477 fdw is stuck on the initialization stage trying to contact HP on phone holding for hours trying on computer going around in circles. Please Help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Can you say more about what you mean by "stuck on the initialization phase"?  Maybe provide some context?

Is this a brand new printer that you're installing for the first time?

What exactly have you done?  What exactly is it doing?

What message is being shown?  On the printer's display?  On your PC?
What are you trying to connect it to, and how?  USB?  Network?

Please provide more information.

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

The printer was bought in May of this year and was set up and working fine then i put on the printer one morning and it just kept showing initialization and never moved past this. i contacted the company it was bought from and they sent me a link to this forum. I did try the possible solutions given for example shut down leave for a while put on back but to no avail. I have been trying to contact HP on the phone but i am on the line waiting for hours for someone to answer.

HP Recommended

If nothing else has worked, I suppose you could try a factory reset:

1) power down
2) power on
3) when hp logo appears, press and hold the lower left region of the touchscreen.
4) release when the next message appears.

If it works, it'll pass the initialization screen and turn on.  It will have forgotten all your settings, though, so you'll have to re-enter them. 

HP Recommended

Hello Good Morning,

First let me thank you for your assistance in this situation It is much appreciated. I tried the solution given but the message Permanent storage init apppears and then it goes right back to the initialization stage and does not move past this. 

Hoping there is another solution.

HP Recommended

It would appear the formatter of the unit has gone bad. Since the printer is under warranty I would contact hp customer care for repair options or see if you can find an authorized hp support provider in your area that will fix the unit under warranty. There is nothing else here we can do on the forum to help you.

HP Recommended

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.