Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, i am having hp laserjet 1320 . The printer is displaying a solid orange and a solid green light . the printer is not printing any kind of document nor the testing page.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Not sure which button lights you are referring to; if it is the Attention and Ready lights:

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

yes attention and ready lights . I've tried that all turning off unplugiing the powercable e.t.c  but still not solved

HP Recommended

Try this:

• Power off the printer.
  • Unplug connecting cables (USB and/or network).
  • Turn printer on again.

If the same fault happens now, it implies that you have a hardware problem - perhaps @SHThompson or @davidzuts could offer advice.

If the printer now comes to ready without the fault, this perhaps implies that it has been sent a 'rogue' job which it can't handle, which is crashing the firmware; you'd need to identify where the job was coming from and get rid of it.

HP Recommended

Press the go button and tell us if the light pattern changes with the go button pressed down.  Give us the new light pattern and whether lights are solid and blinking.  When you release the go button the light pattern should go back to the orginal one you had.

HP Recommended

When i press the go button all the lights are solid which include go button light a solid green light and 2 solid orange lights and after sometime it goes to its original state mens to a solid green and orange light

HP Recommended

Everything you are telling us should not be there so lets go back to the drawing board.  Refer to dansdaduk post above with the picture of the control panel.  Exactly what lights are on when you turn on the printer and are they solid or blinking? Please use a description like the one next to the triangle with the exclimation point is solid and the one next to the horseshoe is solid and no other lights are on.  What you are telling us and what you are seeing may be different from our understanding and this may help to insure we are getting correct information.  Also when you turn on the printer does it make any noises and does the motor turn and the little rollers in the output tray turn for a moment.  Also if nothing moves when you turn the printer on, what happens when you open and close the top cover.

HP Recommended

This may be of help in identifying the buttons and lights:

Capturel.png

HP Recommended
Once i switch on the printer the go ready and attention lights are solid and after i press the go button the toner light also become solid for a while and then disappears . leaving go attention ready lights solid

The printer is fine and the printer is not making any kind of noise. Up to you
HP Recommended
Sorry there's a correction second last line the printer motor is fine .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.