Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Desk jet All in one 2545
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an Acer Aspire E 15 with Windows 10 (not sure if it's 32 or 64 bit) laptop and I have not been able to connect either my Hp 1510 or Hp 2545 All in one desk jet printers. At the point where I am asked to connect my laptop to the printer, you actually hear a sound which indicates that the printer has been connected but I then get a message indicating that the printer has not been connected. I have therefore not been able to connect to my printers. I tried the same with an hp laptop and the connection is confirmed. I would really appreciate your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Have you downloaded the FULL feature software from HP?

Here's the link for convenience :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/mo...

Can you download and install the software and only plug in the USB cable when asked to do so?  

Thanks

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your response, yes I did and followed instructions as stated, I did the same thing for an hp laptop and connection was instant after plugging in the usb but not so for the Acer .

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you uninstall and reinstall the software?

Try that and laos try another USB port on your Acer PC.

Thanks.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.