Post new question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (739 Views)

I can't install wireless function on new HP Laserjet M1217,get driver error message

It finds my wireless router but when it starts "install drivers" I get the error message "Windows cannot install the HP Laserjet Professional M1210 MFP series fax kernel-mode print driver. To obtain a drive that is compatible with the version you are running contact the manufacturer. I am running Windows 7 on a nearly new machine so have no idea how to fix this.

Message 2 of 2 (17 Views)

Re: I can't install wireless function on new HP Laserjet M1217,get driver error message

Oct 2016, and I still have the same error when trying to install the July 2016 version of the full software package for the HP LaserJet 1217 nfw MFP!  (just a driver install is no problem, but still get Fax Kernel error 5 years later when I try to install full package because the HP Scan and Capture app does not recognize the printer on the home network)

Apropo home network, giving the IP address the printer is found and recognized, letting it search the network, no go, and the HP Scan and Capture app finds the printer name OK, but keeps insiting it's a local install (its cabled network, at and all PCs, including Linux and an old Win 7 box, find it without any problems and print fine, even the okdler box (using the old HP "scan to" software) and Linux can scan no problem)

Time to get rid of some old errors?

I now use the MS Scan app, works like a charm, much les fancy but at least it scans, over the network, with the printer HP software still will not recognize....... ;(

Werner from Montreal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation