06-11-2012 09:48 AM
I replaced all cartridges and read as accepted...the inkwell for blk shows black for capacity , it was printing before I made the replacement
06-11-2012 12:54 PM
nvideopu I hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forums;
Can you clarify what issue are you having?
Do this. Reset the printer.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
- If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
I will do my best to help you, if you need futher assistance.
Hope this helps:
06-11-2012 01:26 PM
we tried all that, do you think there is a problem with the black ink well that it won't print or copy just disburses blank pages? appreciate your help....it was printing before I replaced the black ink and the colors but after I did that, I ran all the print "jobs" under toner tools and prints all colors but no black...is the toner indication on toner screen supposed to be black for quantity? I tried two separate iblack ink cartridge and the same results for both, thought maybe the first one was just disfunctional but not two in a row....
06-11-2012 02:32 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 08:02 PM by OscarFuentes
Hi there again. it may be,
Is the cartrigde an Original HP cartridge? if they are you can check the warranty Click here
- Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.
- From the control panel home screen, touch the Setup icon ( ).
- Touch Tools , and then touch Clean Printhead . The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.
- Review the print quality on the test page.
- If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting. The following precautions might prevent the issue in the future.
- Avoid leaving unprotected cartridges out of the product for an extended period of time.
- Always use the Power button to turn the product off. This protects the cartridges from exposure to air.
Also, You can try this article GO HERE
Hoep this helps!
06-11-2012 02:45 PM
06-11-2012 03:01 PM
Hi there again,
I have tried with sucess serveral times sumerging the cartridge in isopropyl alcohol for about 5 mins (only the print heads) if you decide to try this PLEASE MAKE SURE that the cartridge is completely dry before you reinstall in the printer.
I personall will of course only if you can, purchase another cartridge to make sure is not a ahrdware related issue,
I will reach out to some folks in here to see if they have other suggestions or knowledge of this or similar issues.
Hope this helps!
06-12-2012 07:59 PM
OKAY DID THE "CLEASING" AND THAT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, BOUGHT ANOTHER CARTRIDGE AND THAT DIDN'T HELP EITHER, i REALLY THINK THERE IS A DEFECT IN THE MACHINE...since it is under HP warranty,
bought in Dec 2011, can you give me instructions to return to you for repair or replalement?
06-13-2012 09:18 AM
Hi there again,
Check the warranty status here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&d
This is to start the process, Enter your serial here and it will guide you thru the process;
Let me know if I can be any more help, I will do my best to help you.
09-07-2012 01:57 AM
The very same thing happened to me. I replaced the black ink cartridge. Now it will not print even after I completed all those steps. I bought the ink cartridge from HP on line BUT the printer indicated that a cartridge was damaged. I put the old cartridge back in and it stopped complaining HOWEVER it still will not print anythng at all.