Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have color laserjet 5550N printer having problem with error 59.C0. what is the cause of the error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Ray,

Good morning....................How can i get the Download manual for all the error on all high end HP color laser jet printer.

Regards,

Monday Nwanko

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
59.XY PRINTER ERROR FOR HELP PRESS ? alternates with TO CONTINUE TURN OFF THEN ON
Possible printer control panel error message:
59.0C
59.0M
59.0Y
59.1C
59.1M
59.1Y
59.2C
59.2M
59.2Y
59.3C
59.3M
59.3Y
59.4C
59.4M
59.4Y
59.5C
59.5M
59.5Y
59.6C
59.6M
59.6Y
59.7C
59.7M
59.7Y
59.8C
59.8M
59.8Y
59.9C
59.9M
59.9Y
59.AO
59.AK
59.AC
59.AM
59.AY
59.B0
59.BK
59.BC
59.BM
59.BY
59.C0
59.CK
59.CC
59.CM
59.CY
Description
A printer motor error has occurred. This message might also appear if the ETB is missing or incorrectly installed. Ensure that the ETB is installed correctly.
Action
  1. Press the green (Select) button to continue.
  2. Turn the printer off, and then turn the printer on.
  3. If the error message returns, turn the printer off.
  4. Perform a cold reset.
    1. Turn the printer on.
    2. Watch the control panel.
    3. When the memory starts counting, press and hold the green (Select) button.
    4. Continue holding the green (Select) button until the Ready, Data, and Attention lights flash once, and then stay on steady.
    5. Release the check button when the Ready, Data, and Attention light are on steady. The control panel will display SELECT LANGUAGE.
    6. Press (Down Arrow) button once. The control panel will display COLD RESET.
    7. Press (Select). The printer will perform a cold reset and then continue its power-on sequence.
  5. If this message persists, contact an HP-authorized service or support provider.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Thanks Ray,

Good morning....................How can i get the Download manual for all the error on all high end HP color laser jet printer.

Regards,

Monday Nwanko

HP Recommended

Good morning

To know more about your product and error message and troubleshooting you can go to HP support website

www.hp.com/go/support type in your product number or the model number and search for the product details

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello :

Sir. Your printer Problem is with Cartridges Plastic gears and Motor.(59.C0)

Sulution : Open the Top and left cover of your printer In the left side of the printer there is all the plastic gears take off all of them Clean all of them greas them and also in the batom of the lesft side there's a motor Clean that one as well greas it up , when you cleaned all of them grease them and put them back to their places , turn on your printer and check it Iam sure your printer will start working properlly .

(Abdulhai painda)

HP Recommended

i opened the left cover..i cleaned the gears,the machine is now working satsfactory

thank you for the help

regards

Yani

HP Recommended

@nwanko wrote:

I have color laserjet 5550N printer having problem with error 59.C0. what is the cause of the error?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.