Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 3600 LaserJet

I just installed a new yellow printer cartridge on HP 3600 Color Laser Jet.  Attention light keeps flashing and it will not print.  Keeps saying replace yellow cartridge

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I understand the attention light is flashing after installing new cartridge.

Please follow the steps. 

1. Open and close the front door.
  2. Remove the print cartridges, and then reinstall them.
  3. Close the front door.
  4. Turn the printer off and then on.
  5. If the error persists, contact HP Support.

also check if The print cartridges are not engaged correctly. 

hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,

John_domnic.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.
HP Recommended

One thing you can do to override the error is to go to the diagnostics menu and choose the item disable cartridge check and when the printer say ready, diagnostics mode you should be able to print. Keep in mind if the printer is shut down the error will come back and also if there is another issue it still may not print.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.