10-24-2012 04:44 PM - edited 10-24-2012 04:45 PM
My problem starts with the fact that both the cable and phone are plugged into the cable modem and I can't dedicate a phone line to the fax. It fails its connectivity test every time, no dial tone no fax.
All other functions are fine.
10-26-2012 10:44 AM
10-26-2012 12:09 PM
I've found the solution to my issue, I had to configure the phone line from the cable modem to the printer to the answering machine. In doing so discovered another issue not related to connectivity. My printer is now strictly b&w, no color. After chatting with support for an hour, (at one point I believed I was chatting with a bot), he tried to assure me that was not the case, in any event his solutions were ineffective and I'm taking it back tomorrow and exhcanging it for one that (hopefully) works properly. I had no other issues,scan, copy, wifi, fax all good. Thanks for the help.
10-26-2012 12:15 PM
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation