Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an OfficeJetAll In One J3680. I still have 2 disks that came with it.  Can I use these to reinstall the printer? Which disk should I use? They both say "starter CD". I meant to delete print jobs in queue and instead deleted my printer!!!! HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These are longshots.

I am assuming you are in Windows.

🛑Deleting the printer the way you did probably did not remove it from the system.

Look in your Recycle Bin.  See if it is in there.  If so, just try to restore it.

I think you can do a right click on the file/icon and then move down the menu to select restore option.

✔️Another option is to go to Control Panel.

✔️Select “Add or Remove Programs”

✔️Your printer should still be here.

✔️Find your printer and see if there is a reinstall option.

✔️Sometimes with your first install, Windows backs up the install software in a .cab file.  If so in this case, Windows will pull up the saved install software and reinstall

☑️If you can only uninstall, try this first.

☑️HP usually supplies a “Click here for support information”

☑️Click on that, download new driver and reinstall.

(You may need to uninstall the printer first.)

Then you get the latest driver and don’t have to mess with media.
You can check drivers updates, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

These are longshots.

I am assuming you are in Windows.

🛑Deleting the printer the way you did probably did not remove it from the system.

Look in your Recycle Bin.  See if it is in there.  If so, just try to restore it.

I think you can do a right click on the file/icon and then move down the menu to select restore option.

✔️Another option is to go to Control Panel.

✔️Select “Add or Remove Programs”

✔️Your printer should still be here.

✔️Find your printer and see if there is a reinstall option.

✔️Sometimes with your first install, Windows backs up the install software in a .cab file.  If so in this case, Windows will pull up the saved install software and reinstall

☑️If you can only uninstall, try this first.

☑️HP usually supplies a “Click here for support information”

☑️Click on that, download new driver and reinstall.

(You may need to uninstall the printer first.)

Then you get the latest driver and don’t have to mess with media.
You can check drivers updates, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the answer. I really appreciate it!  You brightened my day.

Sari

HP Recommended

I mistakenly deleted my printer. How do I restore it. I have an HP Photosmart Plus wireless all-in-one, and use an IMAC computer.

HP Recommended

My computer is an Apple Mac.-The printer is a brother LC39BK/Y/C/M

I pressed the wrong button & it stopped, I followed a set of instructions on the computer to instal it:"system preferences,"

print & fax",next instruction was" click + button", on my computer it goes no further, it should then go to"list of printers"

then"select & add.

HP Recommended

The printer was HP Deskjet F4200 series, but that printer was borrowed and replaced with HP Photosmart 2570 series.

the Photosmart was operating on the Deskjet software.  Can the Deskjet software (have disk) be reinstalled and

continue to use with Photosmart printer.  The deskjet was borrowed because the scanner on the photosmart was

broken.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.