04-10-2012 08:39 AM
Hi there, I have just come home with a new HP Photosmart 5515 and have unboxed and plugged it in to the mains. The Printer has asked me to add the ink from the box which I have done so following the on screen instructions but when I close the lid of the printer, nothing happens and the on screen display still says the ink is yet to be installed.
Am I missing anything? I've very computer literate and have unpackaged everything properly and inserted the ink correctly, surely that's it?
Would be great if someone could tel me I've missed something obious otherwise I'm heading back to the shop for another printer! It's less than 2 hours old!
04-11-2012 09:38 AM
I would suggest checking the following article and to make sure that the cartridges are properly vented.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation