Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102W

I have the P1102W and I can't figure out how to check the ink level.  I did the HP Scan thing and even though it says you can check it, I was not able to.  Everything checked out on the printer but all i want to know is what the ink level is.  There is no where on the printer to check that I see.  Am I missing something?  I want to be prepared and not run out.  So insane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may find the estimated toner levels from the HP ToolboxFX software, under Start > Programs > HP > HP Laserjet P1102 if you have the HP full feature sotware installed.

See if you can locate a such under the printer folder.

If not go to Control Panel > Devices and Pritners, right click the P1100 printer and select Printing Preferences.

Open teh Service tab and open the Reports drop down menu, from there print a Supplies Status Report with the current toner levels.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What operating system do you use? the steps varies for different operating systems...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7

HP Recommended

You may find the estimated toner levels from the HP ToolboxFX software, under Start > Programs > HP > HP Laserjet P1102 if you have the HP full feature sotware installed.

See if you can locate a such under the printer folder.

If not go to Control Panel > Devices and Pritners, right click the P1100 printer and select Printing Preferences.

Open teh Service tab and open the Reports drop down menu, from there print a Supplies Status Report with the current toner levels.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL - I have an envy photo 7100 series and apparently is quite different from P1102W.

The control panel on my printer doesn't show a devices section.  Doesn't really respond very well anyway.  Since I'm getting prints that smudge or fade out every other line or so, should I just assume I need new cartridges?

HP Recommended

Hi @anna941,

Click the ink drop icon on your printer screen to find its estimated ink levels:

7100.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.