Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, now I am getting a new error.  It's saying something about not finding "Setup\blocksysuserinstal..." and that's all it will let me see.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Uninstall the printer from the control panel in Win 7, and then follow the steps below.

1. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

2. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

3. Restart the computer

4. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76831-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I'm still having the same error. I've done everything you've suggested. Not only that, the installer runs into a problem and Windows has to shut it down, even when it's in the process of removing the last bit of software it had previously tried to install. I'm wondering if I'll have to reformat my computer in order to get this to work.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Windows 7 and Windows Vista allows you to have multiple users sharing the same computer under their own individual accounts. This allows each individual user to have their own location on the computer where they can store their personal documents, pictures, videos, saved games, and other personal data. This also allows the owner of the computer to assign certain accounts the ability to perform administrative tasks like installing software, while limiting other user's abilities.

This tutorial will walk you through creating a new account in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button () in the lower left corner of your screen that has a Windows flag on it.
  2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  3. When the control panel opens you will see a screen similar to Figure 1 below.
    Figure 1. Windows 7 Control PanelFigure 1. Windows 7 Control Panel
  4. Click on the Add or remove user accounts control panel option as shown by the red arrow in figure 1.
  5. You will now be in the Manage Accounts control panel as shown in Figure 2 below.
    Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7Figure 2. Manage Accounts screen in Windows 7
    This screen shows all the accounts currently on your computer. To create a new account, click on the Create a new account option as shown by the red arrow above.
  6. You will now be at the Create New Account screen.
    Figure 3. Create New Account screenFigure 3. Create New Account screen
    In the New account name field enter the name of the new account that you would like to create. This could be a person's first name, full name, or whatever other designation you would like to give. You then need to decide which of the two types of accounts you would like to create. An Administrator account has full access to the computer and can make all changes, install software, and create and delete accounts. The other type of account is Standard user and has limited privileges as to what settings and changes it can make to the computer. It is suggested that for all users, you set them as a Standard User account and have one administrator account that you can logon to as needed. This will protect your computer from malware and other harmful activities.
    When you have finished selecting a name and the type of account you wish to setup, you should click on the Create Accountbutton.
  7. Your new account will have been created and you will see it listed in the Manage Accounts screen.
    Figure 4. New user has been createdFigure 4. New user has been created
    As you can see our new user, named Test Account, has been created.

Now when you start Windows 7 or Vista, you will see the additional account listed in the logon screen. That user can then select their login name and login into their profile so they can access their private data.

Install the printer on the newly created user account, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Yes, the same problems are occurring even in the new account.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Ok, install the printer on a different computer to help us isolate a possible hardware issue on the printer. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I don't really see how it could be the printer. It's not even plugged in yet when going through the install. Or is it supposed to be plugged in when starting the installation process? I always rememebered waiting to be prompted to plug in the printer when the installation is going.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Yes you are to wait to install the USB cable till you are prompted. This leaves only on senario where there is something in the operating system blocking the installation of the printer software.

How old is the computer?

How long has the OS been installed?

If you run the software on a different computer do you get the same message?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Well somehow it has fixed itself. I have no idea how. I believe when I went into the properties/compatibility for the installation application, checking "run as administrator" and choosing the Windows 7 compatibility worked. Also, this was the one time it didn't need to shut down in the midst of uninstalling previously. I really don't know for sure what changed, but it's installed now.

As for my computer, it's about a couple years old, and the OS has been the only one installed on it.

HP Recommended

Hi Leeana,

Awesome thank you for the update. I am glad to hear it is resolved for you. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.