09-27-2011 06:27 AM
I have a Photosmart D110 printer that I have successfully installed on our Macbooks and home PC. I just purchased an iMac with MAC OS X Lion 10.7.1 and can't get the computer to recognize or find the printer after I install the software that came with the printer. The computer and printer are both connected and operating on my home's wifi.
09-27-2011 10:38 AM
The software which came with the printer is intended for Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6, as a full feature for 10.7 is not yet available for that model.
Make sure to remove any uncompatible software by running the HP Uninstaller, which is located under Applications > Hewllet-Packard
Then add the printer by clicking the Plus sign under System Preferences > Print & Scan,
Your printer should be listed as they are both connecteed to your home network.
A Software update will be retrieved from Apple Software Update servers.
For any issue obtaining the driver automatically, install the HP Printer Software package which contains the entire Software Update package:
Then click the Plus sign as described above.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation