01-11-2011 02:23 PM
My mother recently bought a HP Deskjet 1000 Printer J110a,we keep trying to install it but when we get to the part where it says plug in the USB cord to the Printer and to the open USB slot on your comp it doesn't seem like it is registering and won't do anything after that,then when you hit skip or go to taskbar it goes to same screen where it says connect USB cord to printer and computer,getting really really irritated,please help
01-11-2011 06:43 PM
it sounds like when you plug in the printer, it is not registering.
1) check that all hardware is setup and the power is on. I've found a few products that look like the power is on, but they are in sleep mode and are not,.
2) check that you have the software available in this web pack:
If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....
(I am an HP employee)
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation