03-27-2012 07:51 AM
I have been trying to installt the printer driver on a Hp Pavillion DV 5 on windows 7 32 bit thro USB. Keep getting a messaeg that the device driver has failed and the print processor is unable to start.
I am not sure if the problem is with the driver or the windows 7 on the notebook. It looks like the print processor resources are not properly installed. I do not have a Win 7 CD handy. What should be done to solve the printer driver problem. The hp scan module works as the same was installed earlier. The error is with installing the printer driver. Appreciate help to solve this.
03-29-2012 06:34 AM
Try downloading and installing the driver from the HP website.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
02-12-2014 02:52 AM
It didn't work. I can scan using both usb and network. I have another computer that will scan and print using network connection.
The printer printed a report from the HP diagnostics. It won't print anything else. I only have 2 drivers installed they appear to be for the scanner.
I have removed and reinstalled the printer with no success. It has operated from this computer previously and then decided to quit.
My computer is a Chinese laptop.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation