Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet 4250 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is Laser Jet 4250 compatible with windows 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you still can not get the printer to work with usb, this printer has 2 EIO slots and you can use one of those slots to insert an EIO network card (610N, 615N and 620N) which are not that expensive on ebay. Once you install the network card you will be able to attach the printer to your router or switch if you have one and then have computers attach to the printer using tcp/ip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-JetDirect-610n-EIO-10-100TX-Ethernet-Print-Server-J4169A-/311722173327?ha...

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Yes it is. If the driver is not listed you can use the universal pcl6 driver which will work just fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you will try it

HP Recommended

the printer is not detecting the computer

HP Recommended

Are you using a USB cable to connect?

If so, try and use a different cable or different USB port on your PC-I have had problems with USB 3.0 ports not working, especially 3.0 ports located on the front side of tower computers. You can identify this port type by blue plastic on the inside of it- plug your mouse or keyboard into the 3.0 port and the printer into a plain 2.0 usb port.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

The printer does not detect the computer, but the computer detects the printer if using usb. Do you get new hardware found if you plug the usb into a different usb port on the computer.

HP Recommended

Actually the computer is not detecting the printer

Thanks

HP Recommended

How is the printer connected.

HP Recommended

thru  USB port

HP Recommended

USB cable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.