Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (13,253 Views)

Installing Laserjet 6P driver on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Where do I find the printer driver for my Laserjet 6P printer that works with Windows 7? The HP website says that older drivers will work under Win7, but when I download them and search them, the Add printer utility says no drivers are found.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (12,797 Views)

Re: Installing Laserjet 6P driver on Windows 7 (64-bit)

For the benefit of anyone else who experiences the same problem, by default a fresh install of Windows 7 only shows a subset of current printer drivers.  To get 6P to appear, when choosing the printer, click the Windows Update button and wait 5 minutes or so.  Then you'll get a list of Microsoft supported printer drivers for all of time.

Alternatively go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=HP%20Las...

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (8,443 Views)

kkalnasy wrote:

Where do I find the printer driver for my Laserjet 6P printer that works with Windows 7? The HP website says that older drivers will work under Win7, but when I download them and search them, the Add printer utility says no drivers are found.

Student
Message 4 of 4 (553 Views)

downloading windose updates to try to get the HP 6P running on W7 64.

Wish HP would just provide the driver directly.

Hope they are not trying to dead end my best BW printer.

Tx

R

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation