Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet P2035
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have two HP LaserJet P2035's and both will not print from the paper tray.  They both prints fine from the Manual Feed tray 1.  When I close up the Manual Feed tray 1 and try to use the paper in the paper tray, the  paper light continues to blink and will not clear. I have run the firmware update on both units which made no difference.  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks freginold.   I found the culprit.  I slightly bent a metal cross support bar that is below the paper tray up towards the printer.  That bar triggers the paper tray's lift mechanism to lift the paper into place and obviously, it was not making contact. This resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If the same issue happens on both printers, it's probably not a problem with the printers.  The issue may just be the paper size setting.  Check what size the paper trays are set for, and make sure that you are selecting the same size and type in your print driver (ie. Letter, Plain).  That should fix the problem.  It sounds like the printer is asking for the correct size/type paper since it detects a mismatch between what it's set for and what the print driver is asking for.

If you are printing from Word, check the Page Setup screen... often the paper size there will be set for a different size, which can override the print driver setting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get printer configuration page & page count instructions at https://configpages.blogspot.com
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  Both printers give the paper error even when they are not connected to a computer.  I have the paper tray guides set for letter size paper with letter size paper being in the tray yet the paper light continues to blink on both units; even after a hard reset or being powered off and unplugged for a long period of time.  Any additional suggestions because I am at a loss of what else to try before sending them to surplus.  Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Update - I tried a paper tray from a working HP LaserJet P2035 in the two non-working LaserJet P2035's, and the paper light goes off and they work well so, it has be something with the paper tray.  Is there a sensor built into the paper tray that would trigger this issue?  If so, can that sensor be replaced or does the entire paper tray need to be replaced?

HP Recommended

I don't currently have access to a P2035 to verify, but if I remember correctly, there are no sensors in the paper tray itself, just actuators that move depending on where the paper fences are.  It's possible the actuators or levers got broken or knocked out of position... if you can compare the working tray to the non-working trays, maybe you can see exactly where the problem is.  I believe the actuators change position in the rear of the tray, so look at the back and see if the parts are moving correctly when you adjust the paper fences/guides.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get printer configuration page & page count instructions at https://configpages.blogspot.com
HP Recommended

Thanks freginold.   I found the culprit.  I slightly bent a metal cross support bar that is below the paper tray up towards the printer.  That bar triggers the paper tray's lift mechanism to lift the paper into place and obviously, it was not making contact. This resolved the issue.

HP Recommended
I have one printer HP laserjet p2035 when I on the printer paper jam light always blink
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.