Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

I have a new HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw. Just began setting it up yesterday (5/14/15). When I tried to pull out the toner cartridge drawer it jammed and will not pull out any further or fully close. The drawer is stuck, sticking out about 6 inches and will not move. Any answers or suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JB61,

I see by your post that the toner toner drawer is stuck on the new printer. I would like to help you.

Make sure the printer is sitting on a flat surface. Check to see if the blue handle on the drawer is working properly, or if it is broken. Also, check inside the printer to see if one of the toners popped out a bit, causing the drawer to jam.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

To anyone aslo looking at this error and not finding help.

There is only 2 reasons the tray jams out half way.

someone put the cartriges in in the wrong order and tried to close it, or one of the springs on the cartrige locks jumped out.

You will see four "locks" on the RH side. (notice the LH side of the tray can still move)

These open via the front cover being pulled forward.

There is no way for the tray to get "unstuck" without opening the printer up to force and "unlock"

This is better left to a HP certified technician who will assist.

(really, there are hard to reach screws and things that can break easily)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.