Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LASERJET 4050

So the company put our printer into a protected mode to prevent the overnight printing of gibberish and ruining a few trees by emptying the paper tray - the problem NOW-  is that the hardware setting on the printer does not allow for DHCP - and can not be seen on the network - I have gone into settings using the buttons on top - and when i select NETWORK = YES - the setting does not hold - So, while i now have a nice protected printer, I cant access it. Our tech dept is also not sure it seems and may or may not be able to come out in the next WEEK - SO.... if anyone out there in HP OZONE LAND can help, I would be certainly grateful... thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I do not know which card you have installed. The first thing you want to do is a cold reset of the printer which will also reset the network card  to dhcp or bootp. To perform a cold reset turn the printer off. Now hold the green button down and turn on the printer and when cold reset appears in the display release the green button and wait for the printer to come to ready. Wait about 2 minutes and then go to the reports menu and print a config page. You should get a second page with the network settings. If you do see if it obtained an ip address and if the card is a 610 or later just type that ip address into a computer on the network web browser and the web page should come up where you can make any changes you want. If no address or other issues, report back with a description of the issues.

HP Recommended

I have done the COLD reset - the IP address is now correct - BUT the CONFIG BY still reads BOOTP - and I need it changed to DHCP -  I CAN NOT access printer online by IP - still need instructions on getting CONFIG BY to read DHCP 

THANKS

this is a part time gig - will take a few days to implement suggetions - thanks for any help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.