Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

LJ m426 "Jam in cartridge area. Open front door and clear jam." will not clear.

Product Name: LaserJet Pro MFP M426fdn
I had a paper jam, and after going through the steps to remove the jammed paper from underneath the toner cartridge the printer continues to display the error message "Jam in cartridge area."
I'm fairly sure this is a phantom jam as I already cleared the real one, but I can't seem to get the printer to reset or clear the error.
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (48 Views)

Re: LJ m426 "Jam in cartridge area. Open front door and clear jam." will not clear.

When you remove a jammed piece of paper from a printer and the error does not clear, most times it means there is still a shred of paper stuck in the path. When you removed the sheet did it tear or did it come out whole. If it was torn, then you most likely still have a piece of paper stuck. Suggest you get stiff folder and cut it down to paper size and feed it up from the bottom where the paper comes up to force the shred of paper still in the path. If still an issue you may need service since the flag that senses the jam is probably stuck in the wrong position.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation