Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Dexter, I understand that.. and while it may be true, it severally limits the advantage of having a nice large tray 2. See, tray 2, by design cannot hold envelopes. Therefore, if one tray could be set up for envelopes it would be tray 1. Since fax confirmation reports are a necessity in a law office (our office), we have to keep that on. In its current state, we have to go and take out the paper in Tray 1 and replace it with envelopes, print our envelopes, then replace the paper for fax reports.

As you can see, for the most part, that defeats the entire purpose for having the "tray lock" included in the printer already.  It doesn't protect media when fax confirmation, and send/receive error reports are printed.

So, I would hope a new firmware would be provided to change that default for units which have installed a tray 2.

Seemed logical to me. Maybe it'll be logical to them also.

Keith

HP Recommended
Well, I got into a Tech Support Unit that is actually going to research it. I really believe this is a design flaw. I hope they consider fixing it, and quickly.
HP Recommended

Same problem on M680!!

Who is the genius at HP who has decided to set the manual feed as the default tray (tray 1)?

Genius-meme.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.