Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Pro M277 dw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Landscape orientation works in everything BUT Silhouette Design Studio using my Cameo 3 in my new HP Color Laser Pro M277dw printer.  When it prints, it chops off 1/3 of the left size and picks up an extra 1/3 beyond the designate area and automatically makes 2 copies of the same thing.  I don't think this is a software problem with Studio Design from Silhouette for the Cameo 3 BECAUSE I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer (c309g-m) and it works just fine. First photo is the error (bad alignment) and 2nd photo is what it should look like. (I used my HP Photosmart printer for illustration.)  Thank you for your help.  CORRECTIONS...My Imac is 2008 and I'm using Yosemite.  I just tried on my new 2016 laptop Mac Air and it is working find.  So it is my computer using Yosemite that is causing the problem....humm HOWEVER, using Yosemite on my computer using HP Photosmart printer is not problem...just a problem using HP Color Laser M277 dw using Yosemite with my Imac desktop computer.

landscape misalign in Silhouette Design Studio.jpg correctt alignment.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good day @celyinsc,

This is a great place to visit for Community and HP support! I understand you having issues just printing from Silhouette Design Studio on the 10.11, but it will print properly on the new Mac.I can help you.

What drivers for the printer do you have installed on the new Mac?

Are you using Sierra?

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Color Laser Pro M277 dw)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

check driver name.jpg

check driver name 2.jpg

Make sure the AirPrint driver isn't selected.

You can always try this driver: HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X.

If the issue is resolved, your welcome to show your appreciation by clicking the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.  I had the correct drivers, but I doubled checked since you gave such good advice.  Two things I didn't do, but after I did them, the landscape is now working correctly.  Here are the two things I didn't do.  I didn't update the firmware and I didn't reboot my computer after downloading the drivers.  One of these things, or maybe both of these things did the trick. I updated the firmware and rebooted....ding, it started working correctly.  It is still weird that it worked perfectly from the beginning with my Mac Air (using Sierra)using the Color Laser and perfectly with my Mac Desktop (using Yosemite) with the HP Photosmart printer.  It just didn't work right with Mac desktop (using Yosemite) with the Color Laser.  But as of a minture ago...it works fine.  SO....updating firmware or rebooting desktop computer after download did the trick. 

Thanks again for you help and such a fast response.

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know the issue is resolved, @celyinsc.

{Happy Dance :)}

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.