Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I regularly need to fax documents totalling over 100 pages and the printer storage capacity will not allow that, even at the lowest resolution. Is there any way to increase memory on this printer; or, can the storage be redirected to an attached thumb drive so I don't have to make multiple faxes, which are not allowed by my client?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bob_C1, It was a quick response, Thanks for getting back to us.

I apologize I was unable to convey the message in a right manner.

I understand you would like to send a  fax document containing over 100 pages, I hope this was your question.

According to your printer specifications, you cannot send 100 pages document at once. Neither you can redirect any fax to external storage.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bob_C1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to increase the memory of your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

I have checked the printer specifications and your printer can hold only 30 of the most recently printed faxes.

You cannot store or redirect any fax to external storage.

Refer the printer user guide for more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My question was how do I fax a document containing over 100 pages; I rarely receive faxes, that is not my problem...

HP Recommended

@Bob_C1, It was great to hear from you again. I was indeed waiting for your response.

According to printer specifications, you can put 50 sheets pages at once into the ADF and initiate sending the fax.

On the printer control panel, touch the Fax icon ().
Use the numeric keypad to type the fax number in the Enter fax number: display.
   NOTE:
To add a pause, touch the Star icon (*) until a dash (-) displays.
Touch Black or Color.

Hope this answers your query!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't believe I'm attempting to have a meaningful conversation about my problem with a computer generated robot. Took me this long to figure it out... Aren't there any humans working at HP any more?  S M H

HP Recommended

@Bob_C1, It was a quick response, Thanks for getting back to us.

I apologize I was unable to convey the message in a right manner.

I understand you would like to send a  fax document containing over 100 pages, I hope this was your question.

According to your printer specifications, you cannot send 100 pages document at once. Neither you can redirect any fax to external storage.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally! Thank you . . .

HP Recommended

Hi! @Bob_C1! You're welcome and thanks for your kind response.

I am glad you were able to understand me finally.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead!:) 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.