Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been using my Laserjet M1217 NFW MFP for several months successfully, however, it recently quit printing wirelessly.  Any ideas why?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you had the software installed before upgrading to Lion, make sure to uninstall the previous software version and install the latest one which is compatible with Lion:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32660/Im-80903-5/LJM1130_M1210_Full_Solution.dmg

You will need to complete the installation with USB first, then follow the steps below to reconfigure the wireless connection:

If you do have the latest version (released at 25-10-2011) simply skip to the steps below.

1. In Finder , click Applications , and then double-click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax .
  3. Click Open Print Queue , and then click Printer Setup .
  4. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility .
  5. Click the EWS Browser tab, and then click EWS Browser.
  6. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless from the list on the left.
  7. Enable the Wireless Radio by checking the Enable checkbox.
  8. Under Communication Mode , click Join an existing wireless network , select your network SSID from the Network Name (SSID) list, and then click the desired network name.
  9. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses.
    NOTE :If your network does not have Wireless Security, leave the Security Mode set to Open System (No Authentication) .

1. Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the appropriate field, and then click Apply .
  2. In the confirmation box, click OK , and then close the HTML Config and Print Queue windows.
  3. In the Print & Fax window, click your HP product from the list of printers, and then click the Minus sign to remove it from the list.

NOTE: This action removes the USB Connection from the list so that the only entry for your HP product is the Wireless Connection.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer.
  2. Under Applications, open the HP LaserJet Professional M1210 MFP Series folder
  3. Launch the HP Setup Assistant and click Continue.
  4. Select Network, select the listed HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP and click Continue.
  5. Follow the steps to configure the device..

If you required to provide any Fax information to complete the HP Setup Assistant, simply provide any false information. It will not take affect as the fax is not connected to a phone line.

Please let us know of any issue,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

What version of OS X?

In the mean time, reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Fax
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running 10.7 Lion.

I tried your suggestion, however, I'm not able to reinstall the printer unless I plug in the USB.  I can print with the USB cable, but not wirelessly.  The print driver box is completely empty.

I tried to reinstall the print driver, however, I get hung up at the last step when it tries to test the fax number because I do not have a landline for it to test it on.

I recently disconnected my landline phone so I will not be using the fax functionality on the printer (unless there is a way to redirect it through something else such as Skype).  Anyway, the landline was disconnected a month ago and the wireless printing stopped working a week ago...so I don't know if they are connected.

THANKS for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you had the software installed before upgrading to Lion, make sure to uninstall the previous software version and install the latest one which is compatible with Lion:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32660/Im-80903-5/LJM1130_M1210_Full_Solution.dmg

You will need to complete the installation with USB first, then follow the steps below to reconfigure the wireless connection:

If you do have the latest version (released at 25-10-2011) simply skip to the steps below.

1. In Finder , click Applications , and then double-click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax .
  3. Click Open Print Queue , and then click Printer Setup .
  4. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility .
  5. Click the EWS Browser tab, and then click EWS Browser.
  6. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless from the list on the left.
  7. Enable the Wireless Radio by checking the Enable checkbox.
  8. Under Communication Mode , click Join an existing wireless network , select your network SSID from the Network Name (SSID) list, and then click the desired network name.
  9. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses.
    NOTE :If your network does not have Wireless Security, leave the Security Mode set to Open System (No Authentication) .

1. Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the appropriate field, and then click Apply .
  2. In the confirmation box, click OK , and then close the HTML Config and Print Queue windows.
  3. In the Print & Fax window, click your HP product from the list of printers, and then click the Minus sign to remove it from the list.

NOTE: This action removes the USB Connection from the list so that the only entry for your HP product is the Wireless Connection.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer.
  2. Under Applications, open the HP LaserJet Professional M1210 MFP Series folder
  3. Launch the HP Setup Assistant and click Continue.
  4. Select Network, select the listed HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP and click Continue.
  5. Follow the steps to configure the device..

If you required to provide any Fax information to complete the HP Setup Assistant, simply provide any false information. It will not take affect as the fax is not connected to a phone line.

Please let us know of any issue,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank  you for posting the information above.  When I go throught the steps listed I cannot access the EWS Browser and receive a message "Safari can't find the page "http://localhost:5050/SSI/index.htm" because Safari can't find the server "localhost"

Any help appreciated.

HP Recommended

THAT WORKED!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

HP Recommended

can i print from Microsoft word or even scan from my mac os 10.5.8 to the printer via wireless?

Printer is in wireless mode i can browse it and print  Configuration.

Do i need to connect the usb mac to printer ? if so what is the point to be wireless?

HP Recommended

The point to be wireless is to be able to print and scan with no wires.

Do you have a specific problem I can help with?  If so, please tell me more details.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

My printer is connected via wireless and i figure it out how to print but printer does not scan in wireless mode  unless i connect the usb cable, is there a fix for this? os 10.5.8

thx

HP Recommended

Download and install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-80903-5&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.