05-18-2011 04:54 AM - edited 05-18-2011 06:25 AM
OS: Windows 7 Pro 32-bit.
LaserjetPro 1217 nfw was installed by USB cabel as it was required by instruction. Printer and Fax is defined, scanner - not.
All new drivers was reinstalled from hp.com. What's the matter?
05-19-2011 08:37 AM
There is a firmware (20110110) update available.
Your version # can be found on the Self Test / Configuration page, which can be printed by pressing the go button.
Also take a look at this HP diagnostic page.
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am a volunteer posting here on my spare time.
05-23-2011 12:09 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:01 PM by OscarFuentes
First check whether you MFP scanner hardware works, copy a page with your scanner and see if it works properly.
if you think the sw have issue, please uninstall it and reinstall the SW -the full feature one on the HP.com.
if you still have issues with scan, there are solutions may help you.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation