12-24-2013 01:59 AM
I have an HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw. I keep getting a code 79 service error turn off then on, on screen the product
01-06-2014 09:00 AM
I understand you are getting a 79 service error.
This can be caused by malformed PostScript documents. If a printer shows a "79 Service Error" on the LCD display, do the following:
- Locate the on/off switch on the bottom of the printer.
- Toggle the switch to the off position and COUNT to 10.
- Turn the printer on again and the system should be all set.
If a print job of yours repeatedly causes this error, it may indicate a problem with the print job. Try breaking your document up smaller before printing it.
Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)
Remove and reinsert the toner and do a power reset.
I would recommend to run a firmware update on the printer. Some models with do the firmware update when in a error state. The newest Version20121026.
Click Here. Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.
Please let me know the results.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
08-27-2014 11:23 AM
I tried turning off-wait 30-seconds- turn back on....nothing
wouldn't troubleshoot because it continues to say "not connected"
I read your post .....went to "devices and printers" ....clicked on printer....cleared queue....had several backed up
that had not printed for some reason....large report...
Returned to printer ....turned back on.... worked and reset immediately!!!!
09-03-2014 04:39 PM
I tried all the suggested fixes to no avail. I have deleted and reloaded the software 6 times. The printer will work for a few small jobs before the "79" code comes back. I am about to trash this new printer unless I get a solultion!
09-09-2014 02:07 PM
For me these steps worked:
1. Turn off the printer
2. Open services.msc, go to Print Spooler, and stop the service
3. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
4. Delete the contents of this folder (bad print job(s))
5. Restart the Printer Spooler service
6. Power on the printer
I was then able to print
I then went and updated the firmware, as there is a new version as of June 2014
02-07-2015 12:31 AM
I have turned my machine off and then back on for the past six hours. No luck.
1`. What is "79 Service Error" stand for?
2. How to solve my problem, please?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation