Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Exactly .

am an IT on a medical corporation and am facing exactly the issues that you mentioed earlier. anyway.

guys in order for the above steps to work you HAVE to reset the printer que or restart it. you have to clear every thing. then switch off the printer ....bla bla bla . it will work. if you did not delete the previous work jobs it will come again.

tested on HP laser jet Pro 400 Color MFP m475dn

all the best guys.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same 79 Service error in this one classroom.  I work for an elementary school in Gwinnett County of Georgia.

I have tried 5 brand new HP 400 printers and get the same error on all 5. 

What usually happens is after I install the next printer, I can print a couple of jobs successfully, but then the error comes up. 

I can change the IP address and same thing happens. 

I've tried these 5 printers in another room, with other Cat5 cables with no problems.

One other thing.  There are 4 network drops in this room and the same thing happens on each drop.

Could it be a power problem in this room?

Totally frustrated.

HP Recommended

Ko_Nay's solution worked for us in our office. After clearing the "what's printing" list, turning the printer off and then on again, we were able to print.

- Mike

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Guidance, it solved our problem immediately.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the assistance. it fixed my problem!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I have the HP 4000MFP M425dn on a MacBook Pro. I do not use Windows.

I got through the first 2 paragraph fine and downloaded an update but the 79 error message returned.

What can I do now. a windows update won't help. I am worried about getting a JAVA update because opening a fake notice of an update o my screen resulted in weeks of unsolited adds covering my screen. Apple solved that problem.

Any suggestions of what to do for a Mac? Please keep it simple for an old guy.

Thanks,

Norm2

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just downloaded the firmware update from hp website and installed it over a network. It worked for me. I updated from 2012 to 2015. Hope it will help you or others.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello! My printer doesn´t work anymore due to the error 79-problem. But how do I fix it when I have an Mac Pro from mid 2012? This is the second time this problem appears. Last time I loaded down some soft ware but when I was finished I couldn't find it on the computer.  It seems like Apples computers don't accept it. But the problem was fixed then. Now it is the same again. The printer was bought in October 2014.

Besides I can't find any software to make changes in the documents I print. I can't do them darker or lighter, can't change colours at all. Is that possible with a pc? 

With regards

Pär Nordqvist, Sweden

HP Recommended

Same problem with just USB.  New printer by 4 week, just started this.  ONE: Unplug the network or USB cable. It should start and the printer screen be fine.  Delete any print Q, then plug in your cable.  It should be fine so long as there are not print jobs.  A networked PC might have various PCs requesting jobs.

When I got a 79 error, the printer would just keep rebooting until the Q was removed.  I could go into the Q and remove it, and the printer would reboot, then be find.

Did the HW update and a few windows HP updates.  Nope.

I could print Word and Web pages fine.  Any PDF would 79 and reboot.

I deleted Adobe 11 (after checking for updated)

I added Adobe DC.

Now it works find ?

HP Recommended

Can you help me resolve my 79 service error on my hplaser jet pro 400 printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.