Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All --

I have a new Color LaserJet Pro M252dw and for about one month everything worked great.  All of the sudden with no changes being made to setup... when I try to print anything it sends the job (looks OK in queue) and then it gets stuck at the "printing document" screen on the control panel of the printer.  So it just displays printing and never prints.  Occassionally if if I power-cycle the printer it does then shoot out the job, but not always.  Strange behavior.   I have re-installed the software 2 times, the second time using the package from hp.com, however I don't think it was any newer than the one shipped with the printer.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @HD959,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues printing. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

How is the printer connected?

Please try the steps listed in this document,  HP Printers - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 7).

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor?

Please let me know the outcome.Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem when trying to print a .docx or .PDF from a flash drive, or anything from my wireless network

HP Recommended
Hello @BethMost,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you aren't able to print  .docx or .PDF from your flash drive and over the network. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Try and print a hardware self-test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address.
Go to Setup, Reports, Configuration Report. Let me know if it printed the test page.

If you have a valid IPv4 address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network. Let me know the results.

Did you try the steps in the offline document in the previous post?
What were the results of running the Print and Scan Doctor?

Please provide as many details as possible, so we can figure this out quickly.
If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank you.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer is connected via USB.  I ran the Print Doctor and it all checks out OK.  I tried to print the test page inside of the Doctor and nothing printed.  Same issue, shows "Printing..." and that's it.

HP Recommended

Hi @HD959,

Thanks for providing that information. I would suggest updating the printers firmware. Here is the link: M252_Series_FW_Update-20151102.exe

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the same problem! Send another step for me please

HP Recommended
Welcome @HD959,

Thanks for participating in the forums!  I see that you would like to try resetting the printer. I would be happy to help you. 

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have a near identical problem to that reported by HD959. By way of further information, I am using Windows 10 and the connection to the printer is USB01. I confirm that the printer worked perfectly for about one month and now the job sticks in the print queue. Furthmore, I have tried some of the links in the forum page and all appear to be dead?

HP Recommended

@eeny -- I have found that if I do a reset to default settings on the printer, it clears the issue and works fine.  I have had to do it about once a month when the original issue occurs.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.