Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M177FW

and the touch screen wont work

it displays the hp logo and the energy star logo.. all of the buttons are lit up including a red X but touching the screen does nothing

the power button works but when it comes back on it just comes back to the same screen.

I've looked through the forum and tried what i could find including unplugging it and no its not in a surge protector..

Please help me fixing it before it goes back to the retailer and I move back to epson

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Everything works except the screen. Very annoying

HP Recommended

to add insult to injury, if its in sleep mode, sending new prints to it doesn't wake it up, they just add to the queue

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand that the display isn't working. I can help you with this.

Make sure there is no damage on the power cord and that it is connected directly to a wall outlet.

The printer shouldn't be exposed to any electric or magnetic field.

Try another outlet in another room.

Here is a document that can be used for your model even though it isn't listed in the document.

The Printer Display Is Blank or Black. Disregard the title.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 if the issue persists. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Have tried all of those. Nothing works I'm sorry

HP Recommended

I count myself as an intellegent guy and changing the plug socket is just a stupid answer given by someone with no idea about technology

so, after spending over an hour on the phone with a technician and been told to power it off then whilst holding the right arrow and the cancel button together whilst powering it on ... again and again etc

the tech support told me they have no idea what causes this , appologised and said I need it replacing,  then hung up on me..

So I emailed the store where I purchased it, andtold them what happened.  Within an hour ie 2100 at night, the store rang me up, appologied and arranged to ship me a new one and collect the old one at a time ofmy own convenience.

HP was very disappointing, but Argos customer service was spot on

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Couldn't be fixed.Warranty job. Courier comes and replaces it. If you have the same problem don't bother mucking around. Just contact HP

HP Recommended

Does anyone have a touch screen that works.  I haven't been able to use mine for months and now its out of warranty.  I'm buying another brand to replace.

HP Recommended

update firmware from hp site  its working !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.