Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Some days ago I bought new router Cisco RV 120W and HP Laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw and

I thought the configuration of these devices will go without a problem. But NOT. I get tired of wireless printing, already the second day. I am unable to establish a wireless connection with Laserjet as infrastructure.
I've tried everything, connect via USB, I installed the HP driver from a CD and even setup printer via Ethernet cable. I was able to connect to the printer ad-hoc but that's not what I mean. I need my printer in network as infrastructure.
My router provides 802.11n  WPA2 PSK with AES. HP Driver Installer can not set parameters of my wireless network, It is allows me to enter the network key but can not find the printer later on wireless connectionsI was able to set the parameters of the wireless network by connecting by Ethernet, the printer feeds in the report that the wireless is turned on, connected, pront correct the name of the network, signal strength, but it can not be installed on Windows.
My router shows the DHCP clients (laptops, iPhones) but can not see the printer. Does the printer have a wireless network card damaged? Already checked all the options on the router and I have no ideas.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi yarzig

I understand you are unable to setup the wireless on the printer.

Make sure the computer is on the right network.

Disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Restore the printer defaults.

On the printer select the setup button, right arrow to service menu, ok,  right arrow to  restore defaults, ok.

Print a configuration report to make sure there is no IP address and your network name. (SSID)

Go to the setup button (wrench) on the printer, right arrow to reports, select config report.

Now connect the ethernet cable from the printer to the router.

Wait about 1 minute and print the configuration page to get the IP address.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer try and access the embedded web server.
Type the IP address into internet explorer address bar.

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Now we can setup the wireless connection.

Click on the Networking Tab, on the left select wireless, fill out the information. Apply the settings, once you get a reply back then disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Should get a solid blue light on the printer.

Now run the add printer wizard.

If you are using Win 7,  go to start, devices and printers, add printer, go through the wizard. Should find the printer and install the driver. If not then go to add printer, select local, select create a new port, click drop down and select TCP\IP, next, type in the printer's IP address. Continue the wizard.

Make sure the printer is online.

Test the wireless and see if you can now print.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you
better.

What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Is the computer wireless or hardwired to the router?

What network setup do you have? (Modem/router/2 routers/booster/airport/switch)

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi yarzig

I understand you are unable to setup the wireless on the printer.

Make sure the computer is on the right network.

Disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Restore the printer defaults.

On the printer select the setup button, right arrow to service menu, ok,  right arrow to  restore defaults, ok.

Print a configuration report to make sure there is no IP address and your network name. (SSID)

Go to the setup button (wrench) on the printer, right arrow to reports, select config report.

Now connect the ethernet cable from the printer to the router.

Wait about 1 minute and print the configuration page to get the IP address.

If you have a valid IP address for the printer try and access the embedded web server.
Type the IP address into internet explorer address bar.

If it loads the printer's network page then the printer is on the network.

Now we can setup the wireless connection.

Click on the Networking Tab, on the left select wireless, fill out the information. Apply the settings, once you get a reply back then disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer.

Should get a solid blue light on the printer.

Now run the add printer wizard.

If you are using Win 7,  go to start, devices and printers, add printer, go through the wizard. Should find the printer and install the driver. If not then go to add printer, select local, select create a new port, click drop down and select TCP\IP, next, type in the printer's IP address. Continue the wizard.

Make sure the printer is online.

Test the wireless and see if you can now print.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you
better.

What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Is the computer wireless or hardwired to the router?

What network setup do you have? (Modem/router/2 routers/booster/airport/switch)

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02

Thank you so much for giving the Solution to Reset to Factory Settings and configure the Printer to use new router connection. Recently my UVerse router was changed, but HP Printer had the Wifi Setting from the old router and was not getting replaced by the new router. Finally your solution did the magic !

HP Recommended

"once you get a reply back then disconnect the ethernet cable from the printer"

I got stuck on this step. I never got any "reply", it just showed the "connecting....." then after a minute or so showed "Disconnect the network cable in order to activate the wireless connection.” So I disconected the cable. Nothing happened. the wifi button on printer is not blinking or lighting up. 

I have reconnect, disconnect, restore difault settings. many many times. still not working. Please help.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.