Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer and Computer not communicating. It worked sporadically in the past. Print job is in cue but not printing. Tried to see if I have latest drivers and updates, but totally frustrated. Couldn't find downloadable drivers on website. Downloaded HP Assistant and it doesn't find printer (though it is checked on "Devices and Printer"). HP Print and Scan Doc doesn't find printer. Tired unplugging and different USB ports. No help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@happywriter, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP LaserJet 1020 Printer.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)

If the issue persists, then uninstall the software and then download and reinstall from the links below:

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

2. HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@happywriter, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)

If the issue persists, then uninstall the software and then download and reinstall from the links below:

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

2. HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

At first it worked fine, but again it's stalling with a one page PDF waiting in cue for 5 -10 min. before printing.  This has been an ongoing problem and I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers before.

It's odd that in the list of programs, the HP Laserjet is  listsed, but without the Publisher's name and without the size of the file.

Also, the HP Support Assistant can't seem to find the printer, even though the Laserjet 1020 is checked in my Printers and Devices as my default Printer.  Need an assistant to work the Assistant. LOL

HP Recommended

Is this a typical ongoing problem with W10? Windows updates disable printer? You don't have a good fix/update to make the software smoothly and reliably compatible?

HP Recommended

@happywriter, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that the HP Support Assistant is not working.

This issue could occur if the HP Support Assistant is corrupted.

Hence, you need you uninstall HP Support Assistant from control panel first and then uninstall HP Support Solution Framework and then download and install HP Support Assistant again. HP Support Solution Framework will automatically get installed after HP Support Assistant is installed.

Please follow the steps in the link: http://hp.care/2fvNQNc

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The printer is working but very very slowly communicating with my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled the assistant, but it still does not find the HP Printer. Solution didn't work.

HP Recommended

Did the uninstall, download and reinstall and still is NOT working.

HP Recommended

@happywriter,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://hp.care/2jO8j1k

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.