Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Run> regedit

Expand HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE

Open all the folders, you are looking for HP items

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Remove all HP items from RUN and run once

This cured the problem on my computer. HP basically wants you to run their whole program upon startup while all you did and usually want is to download and install the driver for your new printer.

If these instructions don't make sense to you and you are unsure about making these changes - do like I did and get some IT help (not from HP clearly!).

Hope this information was useful to you.:catvery-happy:

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, HP knew the cause of the problem but did not want to admit that their driver update caused the error. The driver update caused a miss-communication with the tray system of the printer. Now, HP produced a firmware update that is available to fix this issue. Please check the message from HP on this string where the HP tech posted the firmware update link.  Good luck for everyone. I always believed that HP is the best printer manufacturer in the world. But in the last few years, the plastic crap they roll out with the dishonest practices by their tech support management; leading unsuspecting printer owners down dark paths where the printer owner is the only looser is very shameful. {Content Removed}

HP Recommended

Sorry to say that the firmware update to the printer did not last long.  The error came back.

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have the same problem "hp system tray has stopped working".

O.S. Win 7 Pro 64 - Hp last drive for CP1025 "2010.827.1.24514"

this is the message (system in italian language:

Firma problema:
  Nome evento problema:    BEX64
  Nome applicazione:    HPCP1020STRAY.EXE
  Versione applicazione:    2010.827.1.24514
  Timestamp applicazione:    4c78a7c8
  Nome modulo con errori:    hppdcompio.dll
  Versione modulo con errori:    1.3.0.24
  Timestamp modulo con errori:    4c9685da
  Offset eccezione:    000000000000552c
  Codice eccezione:    c0000417
  Dati eccezione:    0000000000000000
  Versione SO:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  ID impostazioni locali:    1040
  Informazioni aggiuntive 1:    987d
  Ulteriori informazioni 2:    987ddb250cb0f877e1bb592852819c3e
  Ulteriori informazioni 3:    0c63
  Ulteriori informazioni 4:    0c63b75e862a6d0451159d967d55799e

I tried reinstalling the drivers but i have the same error.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Have you tried installing the basic driver, and the basic driver update to see if you have the same issue?

Let me know if you have the same issue using the basic driver. Can you also provide me a screenshot of the error message you are receiving?

Firmware update:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-86491-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Basic driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-90357-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Basic driver update:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-98162-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for the reply,
I will try to apply these changes and then I will report results.

The operation is scheduled for March 29.

HP Recommended

Hi mmmaarree, 

Did the steps provided help resolve the issue for you?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizar, Unfortunately, firmware update and basic driver whit update did not solve the problem. You can see in detail error: Firma problema: Nome evento problema: BEX64 Nome applicazione: HPCP1020STRAY.EXE Versione applicazione: 2011.331.1.35133 Timestamp applicazione: 4d94c845 Nome modulo con errori: hppdcompio.dll Versione modulo con errori: 1.3.0.24 Timestamp modulo con errori: 4c9685da Offset eccezione: 000000000000552c Codice eccezione: c0000417 Dati eccezione: 0000000000000000 Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 ID impostazioni locali: 1040 Informazioni aggiuntive 1: 987d Ulteriori informazioni 2: 987ddb250cb0f877e1bb592852819c3e Ulteriori informazioni 3: 0c63 Ulteriori informazioni 4: 0c63b75e862a6d0451159d967d55799e Thanks for your interest
HP Recommended

Hi mmmaarree, 

Can you install the printer on a different computer, and then let me know if you have the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizard, sorry but i can't change pc to try the printer on another pc in this moment. I will try this on 12 April but, anyway , i think that the problem is connect to driver on 64bit system and i have not another system whit this features. Thanks for your cooperation.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.