Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet CP1525
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all, I have a Laserjet CP1525 that I am troubleshooting for a colleague and no matter what we do whenever we attempt to print we get "jam in tray 2"  "Clear Jam and then press {OK}.

I have checked this printer up and down and all around, and there are no jams, there is not loose or torn piece of paper, the trays and underneath are very clean, I have opened all doors on the printer but we still have this isse. The toners are all fine, the black one is getting low, but there is enough the print as I was able to print out one test page.  I am not sure what else to do. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How old is this printer.  How much as it been used.  On this engine I have seen many where the pickup roller is worn and it will not pickup the paper.  The roller is sort of a pain to change but on all that I have serviced with this issue, once I change the roller all works fine.  Remove the paper tray and tilt the print up and with a flashlight shine it on the roller.  Do not touch the roller.  There should be treads on the roller that you can see.  Most times there are only treads on the outside or the inside only and the rest of the roller is worn smooth.  If that is the case you need to change the roller.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
That implies that paper is not being fed at all from Tray two.

The first thing to do is to check the tray guides and make sure they are set for the proper size paper sometimes even a fraction of an inch can make a difference.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

That paper size is the correct size and I also test this with tray 1. Same message. It has always used the same exact paper and size (letter)

HP Recommended

How old is this printer.  How much as it been used.  On this engine I have seen many where the pickup roller is worn and it will not pickup the paper.  The roller is sort of a pain to change but on all that I have serviced with this issue, once I change the roller all works fine.  Remove the paper tray and tilt the print up and with a flashlight shine it on the roller.  Do not touch the roller.  There should be treads on the roller that you can see.  Most times there are only treads on the outside or the inside only and the rest of the roller is worn smooth.  If that is the case you need to change the roller.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.