Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Mine has never resolved.  We just turn the printer on and off.  It has something to do with the ports on our router.

HP Recommended

I have had printing problems with my HP M252dw for many months and I have tried what has been suggested on this forum with no success.

I am on windows 10 64 bit and I am am connected by USB.  I have gone as far as remove the printer and software from the computer and complete a new install, and sometimes this takes two and three times to work.

I cannot believe that HP is unable come up with a viable solution for this.

I tried the doctor software and that is useless.

I tried the update of April 12, 2016 for windows 10 and it says it is not for my application.

Seriously! Is HP going to finally come up with a solution to this widespread problem?

HP Recommended

Hi@Izzybob,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in resolving the issue on the printer which goes offline often. Is that, correct?

I was able to find a suitable article which specifically addresses the issue you have posted.

Please use the link below and try the steps in it and check if that solves the issue.

http://hp.care/2iWzbzc

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Please update those links above, they're not Lithium ready.

My new Color Laserjet MFP 377nw is offline after printer automatic shutdown. Connected by WIFI.

My WLAN keeps IP adress, I even can access printer by http://ip.ip.ip.ip/info_deviceStatus.html?tab=Home&menu=DevStatus, but on my WIndows 10 it remains offline, and so does this tool.

The only way to make it online again is to reenter WLAN credentials.

Please advice.

HP Recommended

Hello@Rotozaza,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the printer issue. I will definitely help you.

Please elaborate the issue in order to understand and search for the correct solution and share with you.

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you. Yes it still need to be solved.

The effect didn't came up in a period of daily work beeing online, both PCs and printer.

Aftre a longer break and printer taken from power, printer connected to WIFI and is visible by HP App or IP. But on Windows 10 it remains Offline, no reboot or whatever changes that.

Workaround fix, either reconnect printer to WIFI adding credentials or deletimng printer on PC, reinstalling.

I had similar issue with a 10 years of Ricooh Aficio MFP, where once cause could be that Windows 10 sends SNMP request and old printer can't response and it remains offline, although there. But this can't be the issue here.

Help is appreciated.

2017-03-07 15_31_22-HP AiO Printer Remote.png

HP Recommended

We have the same issue.  We can print to the Pro 200 fine.  Then if no one prints for about 10 minutes it goes to sleep.  The only way to wake it up is to unplug it from the wall and plug it back in.  Windows 7 32 bit, static network IP address, I installed the latest firmware and used the latest driver from the HP web site as of today.  Does it have a bad network card?

HP Recommended

Hi! @serta1, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand your printer is offline when the printer is not in use.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Print a Network Configuration Report or Wireless Test Report from your printer.
If your printer has a control panel with a display, print the report from the network settings or network setup menu.
If your printer does not have a display, print the report using the buttons on the printer control panel. For many HP printers, this is done by pressing and holding the cancel button or a combination of buttons on the control panel until a report prints. For more information on how to print a report for your printer model, see the User Guide or search the HP website for network configuration report and the model of your HP printer.
On the report printout, look at the network status for your network connection type (wired or wireless.)
If the status is connected, continue with these steps.
If the status is anything other than connected, such as Off or Disabled, then the printer is disconnected from your network. This is the reason your printer is offline. You must connect the printer to your network before you continue. For more help on how to set up a connection to your network, see the User Guide, search the HP website for your printer model and wireless or wired network install, or use the wireless setup wizard from the control panel of your printer if available.
On the report, find the IP Address, subnet mask, and Default Gateway for your active (connected) network connection type. If your report has separate numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, then use the numbers listed in the IPv4 section.
From a computer connected to your network, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server (EWS) on the report and enter the URL into your Internet browser. If the web page appears blank, use a different Internet browser.
Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.
Click Manual IP.
If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.
Write these new numbers on a piece of paper. You might need to use them later when adding a second printer device.
Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer offline issues.

If the issue still persists updating printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update printer firmware.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is a WSD Printer Port issue. Although great new standrad driver, it seems to fall short in self clearing status.

Check if driver installtion is linked to WSD, if yes reconfigure port to use TCP/IP.

2017-05-18 15_34_05-HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M377 PCL 6 Properties.png

HP Recommended

This is a silly answer.  I can bring up the printers web page to check toner, etc.  It is installed on our print server with static ip address.   Printer MUST have static IPs with a print server.  I have been setting up printers like this since 1992.  We have hundreds of HP printers but no other models are doing this.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.