Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MFP M570DN
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP M570DN that is constatly freezing. A lot of times, from a sleep, it will not fully wake up and print. Instead it will wake up and freeze and become unresponsive. I have to unplug the power and do a full reboot. Other times, when I copy using the document feeder, it will scan the first page, and pause on the second page and freeze. The touch panel will remain responsive but the printer will not print/copy/scan/fax at this point and I need to reboot it to get it to respond. I have updated to the latest firmware and the configuration report verifies that it has been updated.

This is my second M570DN as I returned the first one because it had the same problems but the second one is acting the same way.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

How is the printer connected?  You may be having some other issue which is effecting the printer.  If you just connect the printer to power and leave it on until it goes to sleep and then try using the buttons on the printer to wake it up, does it wake up?  If it does, then there is a possiblilty that something with your network or computer is confusing the printer at some point and it freezes.  If you can print an event log page, do so a post a copy here.

HP Recommended

I went thru the menus and couldn't find a report for the event log.

Printer is connected via ethernet.

The printer wakes up when I use the buttons on the control panel.

HP Recommended

Found the event log:

2 50.4000 187 Fuser Drive Error

1 50.4000 186 Fuser Drive Error

HP Recommended

Hello @teesee150

Try the following 

From the Network set up menu > Network services > IPV6 > Disable 

Network set up > Link Speed > 100 TX Full 

System set up > Energy settings make sure that shut down after its set to never and under wake events make sure that all the actions have a blue dot on it indicating that it is selected 

It will be important to know that when the printer its frozen if you open a door or the tray if the message on the display changes as well as knowing that even if the printer its frozen if you send a print job to the unit if it will process that or not 

Something else that its importat on this its the following lets say the printer its frozen then you will go to the PC and open the CMD and ping the IP address for the printer (To get the IP address print a configuration report on the right side it has product settings and the the IPV4 keep that handly) to ping and ip address just open the cmd (press the windows/start keu and type in cmd you will see a black icon press on it) simply type in ping and the ip address (example ping 192.168.1.1)

You should be able to see that if responses to all 4 packages 

The other details its that if you type in the ip address into a web browser url the online application for the printer should open for you 

Let us know the results 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

I made these two changes first thing this morning:

From the Network set up menu > Network services > IPV6 > Disable 

Network set up > Link Speed > 100 TX Full

The other settings were already set as you explained.

So far today, I haven't experienced a single freeze or hiccup. I didn't have as many customers in as I usually do, but it's definitely a positive sign. I will update again tomorrow and see if anything changes.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Have another update.

I haven't had any problems with waking up since making the network changes, but I am still having problems copying using the document feeder.

I have the default settings to Duplex, 2 sided to 2 sided, everything else is default.

When I go to copy, I load 3 or 4 sheets in the document feeder and it will scan the first page, and then stop on the second page. The touch screen will still respond, and if I open a access panel, the touch screen will tell me to close it.

If I let it sit for a couple minutes, it will eventually say to remove the papers from the feeder, but never actually copies. If I remove the papers from the feeder, it will do the same thing. Sometimes the feeder won't reset properly either. It will leave the feeder in the raised position instead of dropping back down. After a couple of tries of copying, the touchscreen eventually said Service Error 79 (part of this was cut off) and the printer rebooted by itself.

I checked the event log and there is nothing new reported there.

HP Recommended

Hello @teesee150

You can try the following which is a calibration for that complete scanner assembly 

Obtain 2 sheets of plain white paper in either A4 or Letter size.

Cut down 2 plain sheets of white paper to measure 8 5/8" x 5 ½" (220mm X 140mm)

2.Open the secondary service menu:
•Make sure the product is in the Ready state.
•From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Setup button.
•Touch the left arrow button, and then quickly touch the Cancel button.
•The product returns to the Ready state. touch the Setup button to reopen the menus.
•Touch the 2ndary Service menu.

Capture.JPG

Touch/select 2ndary Service. Scroll down and select eDuplexCalibration.
Ensure the 2 calibrations sheets (the ones that you cut off earlier)are loaded (long edge first) then touch/select Ok.

Capture.JPG

The two sheets will be pulled from the ADF and the calibration will begin. Although the process appears to be complete, continue to wait for 70 seconds after the sheets have been scanned before proceeding.

Power off the printer for at least one minute. Power it on and check that the error has cleared.

There will be some other steps that could be taken but for now I guess that this is the start point for this new situation 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I ran the calibration and will report back!

HP Recommended

It was going pretty good until right before we closed yesterday and the printer froze doing a duplex copy again.

Same thing as before, it scanned the first page and froze while it was feeding the second page thru the feeder.

Had to reboot the printer. No new errors in the event log.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.