Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro 400colorMFP475dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

I have purchased a model of Laserjet pro 400 colo MFP M475dw. The printer are used but pratically new (never been used).

The original toner (colors and black) are correctly positioned in the slot.

I have installed everything correctly but the function of copy or print produce total black page and the printer is in continuously initialization.

I have disconnected the printer but the problem persists.

The printer is not used, the cartridges are new.

I hope in your support for the solution.

Black pages
IMG_20161014_165112.jpg

Continuously initialization
IMG_20161014_165034.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello CMD7,

Make sure you have taken all the shipping locks off the toner's, specially check for the side copper contacts of the toners, there might be an sticker or orange shipping packing that might be still in there interfering the proper voltage current flow.

I am almost sure that that's the  situation.

If not, replace the black toner for another HP original and test. If works, call to HP support to claim this toner's warranty.
If it does NOT work and still same black page, call HP tech support, the electrical contacts could be damaged, or if Brand new, bring back to your purchase store for replacement.

I hope this helps you!

I am an HP employee

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Cold-Print,

There are not adhesives that prevent the contacts.

Also if I try to print for each color (yellow, cyan, magenta) always comes out a black page.

All cartridges have the contacts free from stickers or packaging. Is there a way to reset them? They are new but out of warranty and I would not eliminate them.

I try first with a new black cartridge.   😞

IMG_20161014_185448.jpg

HP Recommended

On the Right side of your printer, there should be a pinhole.

push the button inside with a non metalic object like a pen tip or pencil.

If that prints Black as well, most likely change black toner, in the other side if NO black, the problem is the logic board of the unit.

thanks

I am an HP employee

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks

Pushing a pinhole in the right side, the printer print a page with perfect line of all colors..

therefore, the problem is the logic board of the unit? 😞

IMG_20161014_192720.jpg

HP Recommended

Most likely yes.

That basically tests all printer´s "muscle" bypassing the logic board.

Have you had any power outages, or are there frequent voltage peaks at your site?

Any recent storm? all those could have lead to failure.

maybe turn it off, touch with your thumb finger the lower right corner of the printer´s controll panel (touchable area), turn it back on as you hold, and wait untill message permanent Storage init shows on screen.

Let go and test again with internal reports, Still black? change power outlet. Still black? Sorry the board is dead.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am an HP employee

HP Recommended

sorry but I do not understand how to turn off and on the logical board and make this second test

(in the right corner I have the simbol of Help or level of print cartridge)
the is a tutorial or blog post of this test?

I'm interested to change the logic board if damage and this solve the problem...

thanks

HP Recommended

Dear Cold-print,

I read that in some cases a similar problem is caused by a failure of the DC controller, is that correct?

But with the test suggested by you, bypassing the logical board, the striped print of all colors was successful.

So in this case is not a problem of DC controller but of logical board, is correct?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Correct,

Because the color stripped pages confirms the DC integrity is OK.

I am an HP employee

HP Recommended

Hi again CmD.

you should do it like this:

Nvram.PNG

Hold there till you get permanent storage init

I am an HP employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.