Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m476nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

Ive looked around and this appears to be a failrly common unanswered question

I appear to have filled in a password in the administrator screen ( I would normally always leave these blank), which means I cant set up scan to email etc 

I have tried different combinations of holding left side / right side of control panal whilst restarting, but cant seem to get into the NVRAM screen referred to occassionally

I just want to reset my printer ( used only at home) to factory default so I can regain access to my printer again

Can anyone tell me the precise combination of pressing, starting, standing on one foot required please

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try this:

1. Turn the product off.

2. Press and hold the lower left quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4. When the super NVRAM initialization has been completed, the product enters the generic product mode.

5. Choose the country and language.
Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try this:

1. Turn the product off.

2. Press and hold the lower left quadrant of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed as you turn the product on.

3. When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4. When the super NVRAM initialization has been completed, the product enters the generic product mode.

5. Choose the country and language.
Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for this working solution

Looks like it would work on all the 400 series

Your a Star

Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.