Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M225dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I had an Apple Wireless network setup and my HP Printer was working great. Recently, I stoped using the Apple Wireless. Now I use AT&T provided Wireless Gateway/Router model 5268ACFXN. For my primary wireless I'm using both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz.

I have everything moved over to the AT&T Wireless, this includes phones, laptops, smart homes devices - EVERYTHING. 

The HP printer is the ONLY device not on the new Wireless network. When I use the wireless setup, it does not see the SSID. It is set to broadcast. 

The pinter can see other wireless networks' SSIDs that are close by.

Any adivce on how to correct this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here are the instructions HP should include:

If you are changing to a new wireless network (which could change the SSID or password) or changing the SSID on the current wireless network follow the following steps:

1) connect the printer to the Ehetent port on the router

2) On the priner menu, network - get the IP address - should be something like 192.168.1.n

3) On a computer's web browser, enter the IP address of the printer

4) Go to the networking TAB (on the band accross the top)

5) Choose Wireless Configuration (from the menu on the left)

6) Verify the following:

• Status = On
  • Configuration Method = Join Exsisting Network
  • Network Name = Choose your SSID for your wireless network
  • Authentication = The passpharse/Passwork for the Wireless Network 
  • Click Apply 

Disconnect Ethernet cable, got to Wireless setup on the printer, note the new IP - it will be something like 192.168.1.n

Follow the same steps to get to the Wireless Network configuration via the brower

At the top of the page, Status will be connected

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here are the instructions HP should include:

If you are changing to a new wireless network (which could change the SSID or password) or changing the SSID on the current wireless network follow the following steps:

1) connect the printer to the Ehetent port on the router

2) On the priner menu, network - get the IP address - should be something like 192.168.1.n

3) On a computer's web browser, enter the IP address of the printer

4) Go to the networking TAB (on the band accross the top)

5) Choose Wireless Configuration (from the menu on the left)

6) Verify the following:

• Status = On
  • Configuration Method = Join Exsisting Network
  • Network Name = Choose your SSID for your wireless network
  • Authentication = The passpharse/Passwork for the Wireless Network 
  • Click Apply 

Disconnect Ethernet cable, got to Wireless setup on the printer, note the new IP - it will be something like 192.168.1.n

Follow the same steps to get to the Wireless Network configuration via the brower

At the top of the page, Status will be connected

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.