Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M277DW
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am having issues with the printer throwing Error 49 codes when I try to print via wireless. Note: Suddenlink replaced the modem/router recently, and this problem then.

Here is what I have tried so far.

Printer plugged directly into the wall

Did a factory reset on the printer

Connected via USB cable from printer and MAC, printer works fine. I can print docs, reports, etc.

Once i enabled the wireless, I can run the wireless diagnostic test once, and it works. However, if I try to run the wireless test a second time, I get an Error 49 code. At this point if I try to print anything I get an Error 49 code.

If I turn the wireless off, and power off/on the printer, I can then print diagnostics, and demo page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unchecking the IPv6 on the printer, fixed the issue. Turn that off, and no more Error 49. Thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

49 errors are firmware errors. Unless you wireless router has an issue about the only thing you can try at the printer to to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

HP Recommended

Printer firmware is up to date. Took the printer back and exchanged for another one (same model). This one has the same issue..Throws error 49 when trying to print and connected to the wireless network. Need to call Suddenlink. Once I get to the bottom of the issue, I will post the resolution.

HP Recommended

Found this for someone having the same issue.

Worked with HP Support. They disabled IPv6 (Connect using hardwire/Ethernet, https://PRINTER-IP > Configuration > Advanced --- Unchecked 'IPv6' --- Apply) and boom... problem solved.

HP Recommended

Unchecking the IPv6 on the printer, fixed the issue. Turn that off, and no more Error 49. Thanks so much for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.