Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @PjCa, @rhonda90402,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this Post has instructions.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have just bought this printer and this is annoying the hell out of me.  I too have put a sticky label over it but can still see the light.  If there is a solution please let me know otherwise I shall return the printer - I have only had it for one week.

HP Recommended

I put a piece of black electrician's tape over the button...That is about all you can do..

Now a note to HP please, please stop sending me emails asking if you fixed my problem......this wasn't even the model of my printer/scanner/fax but they all seem to do this.  You keep saying in the emails to accept the solution you fixed the problem to...Please tell me where I "accept nothing as a solution" so I don't get anymore emails!

PS..no one is going to click the thumbs up symbol  for "Thanks for helping" if you haven't helped.

HP Recommended

Hi @rhonda90402,

Please check out this information on How to stop emails alerting you to Forum replies.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Great printer, but this "feature" is awful!

HP Recommended

@Gemini02, I would also like to disable the blinking power button light when in Standby mode.   Please help me too.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

How to hardware disable blinking "feature":

1. Open the front cover;
2. Stick opaque tape over the blinking LED;
3. Close the cover.

No LED, no blinking

HP Recommended

I read through this entire blog and saw how terribly unresponsive HP was and used your solution. Hahaha. Thanks!

It's like Chinese water torture with that stupid LED blinking non-stop.

With the exception of that one thing, the printer is awesome though.

Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

I backed into this forum looking at the same issue on an M477 and decided to just return the printer.  Great job HP!  No wonder you're tanking.

HP Recommended

I too am annoyed by this issue.  You would also think that with all the "green" and "eco" solutions put forward from large and small companies that a blinking light every 3 seconds would have raised an eyebrow.

As it isn't directly in my view I don't need to apply the tape fix but I would like this resolved.

I looked at the latest firmware update (Apr 2016) and although one member mentioned some fix about the light there is nothing in there other than setting sleep mode from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.

I don't need to see a blinking light every 3 seconds to know a device is in standy.  Guess what - if I try to print and the printer doesn't wake up it won't matter if a light was blinking every 3 seconds... it changes NOTHING!  Also where did HP draw inspiration for this feature?  What printer does this and why would anyone want it.  Oh look... my printer is waiting for me to print... isn't that light cool... absolutely useless.

Please add a feature in the firmware to disable the blinking otherwise I too will consider returning the printer... and you would think after all the returns for this silly "feature" HP would have addressed it already.

Please let me know if a firmware fix is in the works and the ETA otherwise have fun restocking these printers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.