Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M4555
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The M4555 printer is posting a 49.38.0C error and then it reboots. This is done about 3 or 4 time per day. The printer has the lastest firmware installed and we have changed out all the PCBs one at a time to try to and correct the issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Then someone is probably sending a job it doesn't like.

Are you using a Print Server? (That would make it easier to figure out)

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

There is no print server and no one is sending a job to the printer. It will jsut be powered on and then it will reboot and when we go and look at the event log it shows the error.

HP Recommended

If you disconnect it from the network does it fail?

Do you leave it powered on overnight, and does it fail overnight?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

The system does not fail when disconnected to the network and there is no way of seeing if it reboots during the night as there is no one there to see it reboot. quiet oftem it reboots without an error code being displayed or recorded.

HP Recommended

If it does not fail when disconnected from the network, and you have already replaced the formatter, then something coming across the network is causing the problem.

I realize you think it's not a print job but that is still the most likely cause.

HP Recommended

I have also facing same issue. I have 4555 mfp printer @ mumbai location, printer working fine. but some time error occers 49.38.0C device error and printer reboot. in printer 3.5.1 2305090_000456 20150609 version.

we have more then 30 printer on server (4555mfp) but only 1 printer have issue.

can u please help on the same.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.