Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M602

We have 18 laser printers from HP in the company.

I installed a firmware upgrade on three M602 devices, and now all direct PDF files print square characters mixed in with the correct charaters on our documents.  The PDF files have embedded fonts.

The firmware version in the M602 is 2307851_000040 / 3.7.01 / 20160225

The same document printed to a P3010 prints correctly, with firmware 07.240.7 / 20151017

I would like to begin working with HP for a fix to the M602 firmware.

Here is a small segment of the document that printed correctly before the firmware update:

garbage-sample.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After working hard through the chain of command, I was able to escalate this with HP, and recently received new firmware that fixes this issue, for one of our many printers exhibiting the issue.  This is great news.  Thank you HP!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, I would try changing the driver from PCL 6 to PCL 5 and see if that changes anything. From what you described almost sounds like the machine is printing windings. Is the printer printing nonstop when this happens?

HP Recommended

Hello, there is no driver when using the direct PDF feature.  The server sends the actual PDF file directly to the printer via FTP.

HP Recommended

After working hard through the chain of command, I was able to escalate this with HP, and recently received new firmware that fixes this issue, for one of our many printers exhibiting the issue.  This is great news.  Thank you HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.