Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I need urgently the solution : I have to terminate the printing today.

I have same problem : when printing using colors, the printer is going in "cool-down mode" after every print and this slow-down the printing a lot.

my computer : Windows 7 64-bits

Product Name:     HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n
Formatter Number:     WM90YA2
Serial Number:     [Personal Information Removed]
Service ID:     26168
Firmware Date:     20150818

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @regloor,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with your Laserjet M176n asking to cool down after printing. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.

Please let me know if you still see the cooldown issue after following the above. If you do not, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

"remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute"  helped perhaps ( not sure ) for the cool-down but print of 1 page always take 1,5 minutes. 

This is a lot too much. 

Do you have a solution for that ? 

If not, I will have to bring it back to the shop and ask refund.

HP Recommended

Alright, as a test, take a sheet of paper and make ten copies and let me know if you see the cool down message or if the copies are made any faster.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

no cool-down message and it took about 3 minutes for 10 color copies, ie about 20 seconds / copy.

So the question is : why 1,5 minutes by print when printing envelopes.
How can we make it faster for envelopes ?

Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

Since you could quickly make copies it's not necessarily the envelopes, it's either an issue with your PC or it's an issue with your network.

If the printer is connected to your router through an Ethernet cable:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. While the printer is powered off remove the power cable from the back of the router for one minute.
  3. When the lights return on the router, turn the printer on.

Now:

1. Try printing on regular paper (as opposed to an envelope).
  2. Try printing an envelope.

Please let me know if this improves your print speed. If the regular page prints quickly, but the envelope does not, it's an issue with either envelopes or the program you are printing from. If neither print quickly, the issue is related to your operating system or print system.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

it is a lot better now : I come to about 25 seconds / envelope !! ( print quality photo ) in place of 1,5 minute

Thank you very much for your very useful help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.