10-03-2011 09:55 AM
Having got a new Mac with Lion, my HP Color Laserjet 2840 will print but I cant scan from the device. Is it possible to download software to enable this to happen? I have heard that even if you can print, it may not be possible to scan as well. Please help!
10-03-2011 11:46 AM
The driver provided by Apple Software Update support printing only, as well a full feature software is not available.
However, there are some workarounds available by using the Mac OS 10.5 software, you can find a work around you may the thread below, although it is intended for another model it may work for your product as well.
Download the 10.5 software and use it according the provided description on the 5th step):
Then follow the steps provided by morandy below:
Hope that helps
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation