Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet MFP M130nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Wireless connection from Printer to iPhone is working. Printer shows IP address for iPhone and WiFi icon is on on Printer.

Printer printed out Congratulations with the email for the Printer and a Wireless Network Test Report  with no problems indicated.

Wireless connection from Mac to iPhone is working. I have internet access.

WiFi shows DIRECT-9d-HPM132 LaserJet, which I click and  message asks for the WPA2 password.

I put in the iPhone password, but get a message it is invalid even though the password is correct.

What am I doing wrong, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aguilar1 wrote:

.... WiFi shows DIRECT-9d-HPM132 LaserJet, which I click and  message asks for the WPA2 password.

I put in the iPhone password, but get a message it is invalid

Hi,

Do you use your iPhone as hotspot ? Looks like you are using Direct connect. You need password from your printer, not from your iPhone. Please get close to the printer, it should display password (or PIN) for you to connect to it.

The best option is to connect printer to your home network and connect all other devices (laptops, computers, phones, tablets ....) to the SAME network then you can print from them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Aguilar1 wrote:

.... WiFi shows DIRECT-9d-HPM132 LaserJet, which I click and  message asks for the WPA2 password.

I put in the iPhone password, but get a message it is invalid

Hi,

Do you use your iPhone as hotspot ? Looks like you are using Direct connect. You need password from your printer, not from your iPhone. Please get close to the printer, it should display password (or PIN) for you to connect to it.

The best option is to connect printer to your home network and connect all other devices (laptops, computers, phones, tablets ....) to the SAME network then you can print from them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I think you are right on the PIN from the printer! I found that option last night and tried it, but got nowhere, but that was probably because my iPhone internet signal was down to one bar, because this morning the printer prints!! Please let HP know the message should ask for the printer PIN and Not the WPA2!  Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.